These sweaters are custom knit to provide thermal warmth to your furry companion as well as a good fit. We also emphasize using luxury fibers that are machine washable since we know that caring for a knitted item is critical. The sweaters are made of superwash merino, dyed by one of several accomplished and phenomenal independent dyers.
Our primary lifestyle model, Britt, is a Shih Tzu mix and is wearing a size small, unless otherwise noted in the photo. The dimensions are as follows: dog's back length-14”; dog's chest dimension-16”; finished sweater chest dimension-12.5”-08.5”. XSmall sweater dimensions can be found in our Size XSmall Ready to Ship Sweaters.
Our secondary lifestyle model, Holly, is a Standard Beagle mix. Holly is wearing a medium. Medium sweater dimensions can be found in our Size Medium Ready to Ship Sweaters.
- Dogs come in all shapes, so it is important to pick the sweater size based on the chest measurement.
- To determine the chest size, measure around the dog’s chest at the largest point.
- Finished sizes vary because ribbing stretches and can be blocked to different sizes. Pick a size where your dog’s chest measurement is near the middle of the range given.
- To determine the length of the sweater, measure your dog’s back from the base of the neck to the base of the tail.
Can't Buy "Off the Rack"?
The measurements provided are for the standard sweater, but you can purchase any of our sweaters in a special size or color with our custom sweater options.
The sweaters are knit from luxury fibers and should be cared for gently. Generally speaking, we use fibers that tolerate machine settings, so we recommend that you either wash the sweater by hand or if in the machine, in a lingerie bag on a gentle cycle with cool water with a load of laundry or on its own. No fabric softener, please. Reshape and lay flat to dry. Because this yarn is hand dyed, it may bleed the first few washes. If you are washing the sweater in the machine with other laundry, use a color catcher in the lingerie bag.
Additional washing tips and suggestions
- Detergent – we recommend something that if not fully rinsed out, will deteriorate the fiber. Woolite, Soak, or Kookaburra Wash are all terrific and can all be used for hand washing or in the machine.
If you would like a snugger fit for your sweater, this can be achieved with some attention to detail. You can wash the sweater in a regular load of laundry, warm setting. Remove promptly and stretch to the size you need. Note that the sweater will shrink about 1-2” in both directions and this is permanent! DO NOT USE HOT WATER TO ACHIEVE THIS!
Our beautiful lifestyle photos are the work of Rebekah Feng Photography!