This natural color grey Gotland Wool top from Sweden. Gotland sheep originate from the small island of Gotland, set in the middle of the Baltic Sea, off the coast of Sweden. One of the Northern short-tailed breeds, their bloodlines date back to the Viking era. Gotland wool is fine, long, lustrous and dense. It can be varying shades of grey, from pale silver to a rich blue-gray to a dark charcoal or almost black.
The fleece grows in long, fine, and lustrous distinctive curls. Soft to the touch, the smooth silky curls feel clean, having little lanolin. The fleece is typically 29 to 34 microns in diameter. Lambs wool can be in the low to mid 20’s micron range. Gotland wool falls in soft ringlets and grows about 10 to 12 inches a year.
- Long luster wool, noted for it's distinctive clearly defined lustrous curls
- 27-33 microns, staple length 7 inches
- Overdyes beautifully. Very rich colors can be achieved dyeing this fiber
- Fantastic felting fiber.
*Commercially prepared top.
- Professionally processed, free of felting
- Bundled in 4 ounce packages
Colors may vary slightly from batch to batch due to the nature of natural fiber. I have taken every step to represent the colors correctly, but I do recommend ordering a sample for clarity as colors can change depending on your screen settings.