This beautiful roving is a 75/25 blend of the natural white and natural black blue face Leicester. The colors are lightly blended to provide the dyer limitless color possibilities with natural occurring shades. BFL is a very distinct looking sheep with its Roman nose, long, upright earset, and deep blue skin contrasted with soft, white, semi-lustre wool. The BFL is classified as a Longwool breed. It is one of the three Leicester breeds of sheep… the English Leicester Longwool, the Border Leicester, and of course, the Bluefaced Leicester.
This blended BFL is 25-27 microns with a staple length 4". The fiber feels finer than the micron count would suggest. Additionally, this color overdyes beautifully, allowing the hand dyer to achieve very rich colors.
- Fiber is 25-27 micron; staple length 4"
- Posses a beautiful sheen that merino lacks
- Long staple length gives added strength compared to merino
- This product dyes well and will produce a beautiful yarn
- Professionally processed, free of felting
- Bundled in 4 ounce packages
Colors may vary slightly from batch to batch due to the nature of natural fiber. I have taken every step to represent the colors correctly, but I do recommend ordering a sample for clarity as colors can change depending on your screen settings.